Effective Date: April 17, 2007
NebraskaFishing.com recognizes that its customers, visitors, users, and others who use www.nebraskafishing.com value their privacy. This privacy notice details important information regarding the use and disclosure of user information collected on the the site. We provide this privacy notice to help you make an informed decision about whether to use or continue using NebraskaFishing.com.
The Information We Collect
- User Provided Information: We collect the e-mail addresses of those who post messages to our article comments, the e-mail addresses of those who communicate with us via e-mail, the e-mail addresses of those who make postings to our chat areas, aggregate information on what pages users access or visit, user-specific information on what pages users access or visit, information volunteered by the user, such as survey information and/or site registrations, name, address and telephone number.
- Log File Information: When visitors browse our web site, our web servers collect certain information. This information may include the user's IP address, web browser, web browser version, screen resolution, screen type, number of pages visited, entry page, exit page, or other general information that web browsers send to any web site you visit.
- With respect to Ad Servers: To try and bring you offers that are of interest to you, we have relationships with other companies that we allow to place ads on our Web pages. As a result of your visit to our site, ad server companies may collect information such as your domain type, your IP address and click stream information. For further information, consult the privacy policies of:
How We Use Information
- Any Information you volunteer on the site is primarily used to provide, maintain, and deliver the features we provide on the site.
- The information you volunteer to disclose on the site in article comments, chat rooms, discussion boards, etc. including your username (and your email address if you choose) may be used by others and may be visible to the general public.
- We may use personally identifiable and non-identifiable information to improve services, provide new features, products, and functionality on the site by tracking trends and usage data.
When We Disclose Information
- We may provide in good faith identifiable user information for legal reasons to comply with state, federal, or local laws or to respond to a court order, subpoena, or search warrant.
- We do not use identifiable information such as your email address for commercial marketing purposes without your consent in which case you have the ability to opt-in or opt-out. We also do not share this information with other organizations for marketing purposes without your consent in which case you have the ability to opt-in or opt-out.
- We may use your email address or other personally identifiable information without your consent to contact you for such things as customer service or site changes.
You may decline to provide personal information, however we may not be able to provide certain services or features to you that require a personalized account.
Upon request we provide site visitors with access to all information that we maintain about them. You can access, change, or correct this information though the account profile page (beta) or by contacting us through email, written letter, or by using this contact form.
To protect your privacy and security we take reasonable steps such as requiring a unique password to verify your identity. We require this password before allowing you to access the account profile page. It is up to you to insure that your password and other information you would like to keep personal is kept secret at all times.
Third-party Service Providers
When users elect to make a purchase on line we direct them to third party service providers to make these transactions for us. The pages may look like NebraskaFishing.com, but they may be located on servers belonging to the service providers. Any financial information is kept with the third party service providers. To view their privacy statements or security policies you can visit:
Our Commitment to Data Security
We make all reasonable technological, managerial, and physical safeguard attempts to preserve the integrity of our site and user data. However, we do not guarantee or warrant against disclosure, destruction, or alteration of information if a security breach occurs so please note that you provide this information at your own risk. If we learn that a security breach has occurred we will post a notice on the Web site to notify you.
Our Commitment to Child Privacy
Child privacy is especially important to us. We do not knowingly collect or maintain any personally identifiable information from children under the age of 13. If we discover that we have collected information from a child under the age of 13 without a parent or guardian's permission we remove it from our databases.
In the Event of Merger, Sale, or Bankruptcy
If NebraskaFishing.com is acquired or merged with a 3rd party we reserve the right to transfer any information we have collected to the 3rd party as part of such acquisition, merger, or sale. In any other type of situation like a bankruptcy or closure we might not have any control over how your personal information is transferred, treated, or used.
Changes and Updates to this Privacy Notice
We may use user information for new, unanticipated uses not previously disclosed in our privacy notice. If our information practices change at some time in the future we will post the policy changes to our Web site to notify you of these changes and provide you with the ability to opt-out of these new uses. If you are concerned about how your information is used, you should check back at our Web site periodically, we will post the policy changes to our Web site to notify you of these changes.
Please contact us with any questions or comments about this privacy notice using this contact form.